Tuesday, June 29, 2010

FALLS EXCERPTS



"An interest in the possibilities of a filmic encyclopedia to rival the Whole Earth Catalogues of the early seventies and a delight in the manufacture of lists for their own sake were the ideas initially responsible for various projects that coalesced into The Falls. If an ambitious filmic encyclopedia of the World threatened to make the World redundant, and if the items in the lists were essentially unclassifiable, then so much the better."

7: Lacer Fallacet


11: Carlos Fallantly


18: Aptesia Fallarme


54: Throper Fallcaster



Excerpts from Peter Greenaway's The Falls (1980)

2 comments:

myopia said...

these were neat-how was/is Eno involved, aside from the obvious?

I really dug Aptesia+ Throper VUE stories..."...she was a waterfall on legs...", "...he collected eggs perhaps because its forbidden..."

JWM said...

outside of providing small bits for the score, Eno wasn't involved at all as far as I know... I just tend to point out any and all Eno connections I come across...

Ranessa got me the falls on dvd for Christmas and I have to tell you, that every moment of the entire three hours is golden.